Terms and Conditions
2020 Calendar Competition
1. These terms and conditions apply to the 2020 Certas agricultural calendar competition (“the Competition”) run by Certas Energy UK Limited of 302 Bridgewater Place, Warrington, WA3 6XG (“the Company”), and by entering themselves into the Competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them.
2. Entrants must confirm their participation in the Competition through submitting an entry by uploading an image to the competition webpage on the Certas Energy website and providing the relevant contact information (https://www.certasenergy.co.uk/agriculture/2020-calendar-competition) before the competition closes on the 31st October 2019.
3. Winners of the competition will be contacted by 16th November 2019 via email. An email address must be provided for this purpose.
4. This Competition is open only to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Company, their families or anyone else associated with this Competition or its operation are not allowed to apply.
5. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant abides by these rules. The decision of the Company is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision. Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
6. The winning entries will be determined by the Company based on the merit of the submission, and the winning entrants will be contacted. The final decision is binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Company reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify anyone who submits an entry that is in breach of the rules, or those that do not comply with content restrictions (defined below).
7. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content in any entry:
i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material;
ii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities;
iii) content which infringes intellectual property rights or laws;
iv) content which is defamatory or maliciously false;
v) content which brings or is likely to bring the Company or its website into disrepute;
vi) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis;
vii) content owned by any party other than the entrant (e.g. recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.);
viii) material that is unlawful, or which may constitute a criminal offence including (without limitation) the Communications Act 2003, Malicious Communications Act 1988 or any other legislation in force during the Competition.
Any entry which does not comply with these content restrictions, in the sole discretion of the Company, will be disqualified from the Competition.
8. Entrants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to create and/or submit any entry.
9. All entries must be received by the closing date – 31st October 2019.
10. Entrants may submit multiple entries, but will only be eligible for one prize per entrant. No purchase necessary. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. Prizes available include one GoPro camcorder (up to the value of £200) and 50 copies of the 2019 Certas agricultural calendar. No cash alternative is provided. Please note that all pictures show are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
12. The Company reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
13. By entering into the Competition, the winners agree to participate in publicity following the Competition, should it be required. This may include use of their name and image in online and offline publicity, communications, and in any other media worldwide without any fee being paid.
14. Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Company and accordingly the Company may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or cancel the Competition without notice (in particular if it or the website on which the Competition is operated is affected by any denial-of-service attacks, viruses, hacking or any other technologically-harmful material or act) and the entrant agrees that no liability will attach to the Company as a result thereof.
15. To the extent permitted by law, the Company and its agents and representatives hereby expressly exclude any liability whether in contract, tort, criminal law, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, injury or disappointment (including without limitation any pure economic loss) suffered or incurred by any entrant, winner or any third party whether foreseeable or not in connection with:
(a) any act or omission of the Company in developing, planning and administering the Competition;
(b) any entry or attempted entry into the Competition.
16. The Company will not be liable for any inability of any person to enter the Competition because of any unavailability of such page, failures in computer systems or networks, other malfunctions, or for any other reason.
17. The Company will not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this Competition.
18. All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms.
19. Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the Company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
20. Entrants agree that by entering the Competition their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Company for the purposes of administering the Competition and for the marketing and sending of other special offers where you have consented to receive the same.
21. If you have a comment, query or complaint about these terms or the promotion, please contact email@example.com
22. The Company may refuse to provide the prize in the event that an entrant fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements under these terms or has committed or is alleged to have committed any act of fraud or dishonesty, or is in breach of any of these terms.
23. In the event of any dispute regarding these terms, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Company will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
24. If any provision of these terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision will apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
25. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law or any abandonment of any such right or remedy will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor will it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy will preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
26. These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them will be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with these terms.
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Company and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.