Balancing the requirement for thousands of new homes in the South East with the urgent need to reduce levels of harmful emissions from diesel vehicles represents a significant challenge for both transport and construction businesses.
To help address the air quality challenge for businesses in the South East, Certas Energy – the UK’s largest independent supplier of fuel and lubricants in the UK – is hosting a one-day Clean Air Conference at the Port Lympne Hotel in Kent on Tuesday 7th November
The event will highlight the availability of alternative fuels and deliver practical advice on how businesses can make a difference to air quality today by making smarter fuel choices. Certas Energy is currently the only provider of GTL Fuel in the UK, a cleaner burning alternative to diesel. Part of the paraffinic family of fuels, GTL Fuel both lowers emissions and improves air quality and can be used as a direct replacement for conventional diesel without the need for engine modifications. Delegates will be provided with an overview of the benefits of paraffinic fuels, including reductions in Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) and Particulate Matter (PM) emissions, and the role they have to play in improving air quality.
Key speakers confirmed so far include:
- “GTL: A Solution for Cleaner Cities”, Marcel van den Berg, Sales and Business Development Manager, GTL Fuel
- “‘Air Quality and Public Sector Action’ – Deborah Kapaj, Sustainable Estates Programme Manager, Kent County Council
- “How the Digital Economy can Help Clean Air”, Sebastian Giraud, Director, Girin Strategy.
- The Need for Real World Emissions Testing” Massimo Fedeli, Director and Co-Founder, AIR Alliance.
- “Championing a Cleaner Fuel for Cleaner Air”, Brian Worrall, Director of Corporate Affairs, Certas Energy
- “The Importance of Clean Air to the Aspinall Foundation’s Animal Breeding Programme”, David Sutton, Estates Manager at The Aspinall Foundation
Event chairman, Alex Ward, Regional Manager at Certas Energy said, “We have been working closely with our customers across the UK to support them in adopting alternative fuels to improve air quality, without impacting efficiency or profitability. Our inaugural Clean Air Conference is a must-attend event for commercial businesses with fuel requirements in the South East, to hear from and talk to an expert panel of speakers on the challenges and opportunities in reducing emissions.
As we wait for the Government to confirm how it will tackle the air quality crisis, this event offers delegates the opportunity to hear first-hand about how alternative fuels can make a difference today.”
The event will place at the home of The Aspinall Foundation, an internationally renowned animal conservation charity, offering delegates the chance to network in a beautiful environment which relies on clean air to successfully breed endangered species.
To book your free place at the event, please contact email@example.com.
For the live updates about the event please follow @CertasBusiness on Twitter and follow the #CleanAirConf hashtag.