Growing concerns over the impact air pollution levels in the UK are having on our health and the environment, combined with a focus on the impact farming is having on natural ecosystems, means reducing emissions from diesel machinery is becoming an important consideration for farmers.
Exclusively available from Certas Energy in the UK, Shell GTL Fuel contributes to a sustainable future – helping farmers to make a smart choice for machinery and the farming workforce.
Part of the paraffinic family of fuels, Shell GTL Fuel is a cleaner burning alternative to diesel that has been proven to reduce emission levels of harmful pollutants such as nitrogen oxide (NOx) and particulate matter (PM) to immediately improve local air quality, along with many other benefits.
- Easy and cost-effective: As a drop-in replacement for diesel, no modifications are required to existing machinery, vehicles or storage set-ups. This means there are no interruptions to productivity and you don’t need to invest in any expensive upgrades.
- Safer and healthier working environment: The fuel produces less odour, no smoke and quieter engine noise than conventional diesel, creating a healthier and more pleasant working environment for workers spending long days operating machinery.
- Winter grade properties: At low temperatures, the free flow of diesel fuel may be impeded by the blocking of fuel lines and filters by particles of paraffin wax. With a high cetane number, Shell GTL Fuel has excellent low temperature performance, with improved cold start – handy in those colder months.
- Store safely for longer: With its reduced risk of bio-contamination resulting in longer life, Shell GTL Fuel has improved storage and stability again helpful in the winter months when you’re using less fuel.
- Free of toxins and eco-friendly: Free of unwanted components such as sulphur, metals, and aromatics Shell GTL Fuel is non-toxic, biodegradable and less harmful to the environment. Tests have shown that the fuel was undetectable in soil 51 days after being introduced.
- Approved by John Deere and many other OEMs – your farm can benefit from switching to a low emission fuel without any hassle today.
George Palmer, Assistant Farm Manager at Northfield Farms
Certas Energy is committed to helping our customers make more responsible fuel choices – click the link below to find out how your farm could benefit from our full range of fuel supply, storage and management solutions.